GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

After listening to the podcast I did not realize that Anthony's...

1. 785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    After listening to the podcast I did not realize that Anthony's history was more focused on mergers and acquisitions than in running companies.
    After talking to Martin Rowley at the AGM 2 years back, I thought at the time it was interesting that he was running a company like Galaxy. Most of his companies he has been involved with were shell companies which similar to Lithium one were offloaded at a premium. One of his good friends, Paul Matysek does similar things. Take, for instance, Lithium X!
    He is now involved in First Cobalt Corp along with his son Nick Rowley and Henrik Fisker {as in Fisker cars}.
    It should be noted that Nick Rowley has an interest in First Cobalt as well as Galaxy!!

When I look at the current share price of Galaxy I am stupified as to how the company can have nearly 60% of their market cap in cash!!!
    How can we not be a takeover target or is this possibly managements plan?
    Listening to Anthony it sounded like at the start he was just trying to turn the company around.
    He has turned it into a top 5 lithium producer in the world which is probably a shock to himself and the rest of the board.
    Meanwhile, we have Mr. Bacchus who has been associated with mergers and acquisitions and preventing takeover attempts with Rio Tinto.

I am wondering whether the company is setting itself up for a merger or takeover by the likes of Posco, BYD or Tesla?
    The more the share price goes down the more attractive we are for a takeover of our company.
    Posco has just paid us $280m USD which is the equivalent of $4oom AUD, for an area one quarter the size of SDV,
    When we can get into production sooner.
    Why would they not take us over and especially with their big lithium plans?
    Or BYD with their desperation for supply?

Especially with BYD focusing in North America. Posco focusing on their cathodes and Tesla wanting to produce cathodes from Gigafactory one.
    Joe mentioned in the podcast how Jiangsu produced some of the highest grade lithium he has seen and by comparison of our concentrate by what we are producing today, makes you wonder why Tianqi would not throw their hat in the ring also.
    We know that there has been incredible interest in what Galaxy has at SDV.
    According to Anthony, Galaxy has got the list down to around 8 from 40 interested parties which probably includes those listed above.
    So the more our share price goes down the more we should wonder what do you think will happen @asb83 ?

Are we a takeover target???

By the way I found this photo on a Chinese website, look who is front and centre?
    I do not know when it was taken!
    gxy byd.jpeg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.