CTD 2.21% $13.44 corporate travel management limited

The article states the following: Although leased from Bibby...

1. 2,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1101

The article states the following:
    Although leased from Bibby Line Group, management aboard the Bibby Stockholm itself will be handled by Corporate Travel Management (CTM),

That seems incorrect.

On the 13th of April CTD announced that they they had won a 2yr contract with the UK Home Office and it should have relatively clear that a decent part of this was to provide housing/travel services to refugees arriving in the UK. The UK had attempted to do something similar to Australia's offshore detention policy in attempting to provide one way tickets to some refugees to Rwanda to deter refugees and I suspect part of this contract involved some of those costs (i.e. transport and accommodation there).

The UK High Court in July deemed that policy unlawful so that part of the Home Office policy is not possible, but there are still 40-50k people arriving in the UK and this contract is to provide transport and accommodation for them.

CTD is the agent in these transactions in sourcing the travel/accommodation and takes a margin on the total TTV but in my experience not actively been involved in the provision of travel or accommodation or managing those services (they merely are placement agents).

Yes if this is one of the 'accommodation' solutions that they are being asked to use, then it is rather unsavory, but I hardly think that CTD are putting this forward as a solution nor do I believe they are managing this.....it will be someone like Serco or some other politically connected organisation that will charge the govt $40 for meal and provide bread & water as was the case in Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.44
Change
0.290(2.21%)
Mkt cap ! $1.966B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.33 $13.48 $13.18 $13.07M 975.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 4063 $13.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.48 4956 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.