bid to destabilise indonesia: pm, page-19

1. 303 Posts.
    re: lucas isidoro bid to destabilise indonesia: pm banjar,
    The moderate Indonesians that you mention may be currently opposed to such a pan-is-lamic state or not depending on their particular outlook. I imagine that there will be a distribution as there is with most segnemts of the population.
    I would guess that there might have been a similar profile at one time in afganistan even just prior to the taliban gaining power.

As you so rightly mentioned in one of your posts that I read, the current main target seems to be to destabilise Indonesia. The targeting and killing of foreigners in well known tourist areas has a force multipler effect on the damage of the attack and adds as an extra fringe benefit to appease those who feel that the main mission should be ji*had against foreign elements in indonesia.

As Indonesia is destabilised, the middle class is likely to shrink, or become much more cautious in their stance towards anyone/group who seems to have some influnce on their current and future situation. They will eventually go with the flow of the current as they always have.
    Those that have the means will leave the country, and those that stay will fit in with the power structure, be it an is*lamic state or whatever.
    Of course as the prosperity is purposely destroyed, is becomes harder and harder to leave, and the small stake they have in their current situation becomes more important and it is very easy to tilt the norms of the country to reward devotion to is*lam rather than acheivement.

The instability is just a part of the plan to create the is*lamic state in indonesia.
    Then with a captive and huge population that can be indocrinated to accept that ji*had is the primary purpose of the state and all the population and a large resource base and very stategic geographical position, the islaimc state can be expanded, over time by whatever means are effective, to include neighbouring countries.

Imagine a blockade on the Straits of Malacca?
    It would cause Japan, Taiwan, Singapore almost economic death blows if succesfully for a long enough time.
    Indonesia seems to be quite an attractive target in Asia for ji*hadis, perhaps the most attractive of the low-lying fruit in Asia.

I think you are not really thinking this through if you dismiss this as just domestic politics at work here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.