BIS 1.00% $4.03 bisalloy steel group limited

Bisalloy appoints new GM of operations

1. 9,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455

Actually,I believe the bisalloy website news should read 'A' GM of operations.

The GM position  has been created because the bisalloy business model has changed  almost 100% , as per news article on bisalloy website dated 2/10/18.

ie low margin wear plate basically 'now' imported from CJV,high margin armor plate now produced in Woolongong,a 56% increase in armor plate exports.

Then as those that follow bis know,the massive increase in the global customer base and potential global customer base ie specifically mentioned NEMS MOU,ie specifically mentioned boxer/leopard tank participation in supply chain.Rheinmetall having direct involvement in the leopard tank  ie new mk2 rated as best MBT and planned for replacement by mk3 in 2030 (steel cut much earlier).Some trivia,europe MBT is a approx $80b industry,leopard has approx 40% market share.etc rheinmetall interest in new US bradley replacement with possibly lynx 41 being produced in US. etc etc etc.

euro exchange rate .62 cents,

Only potential downside dh govts (state and fed) energy policy.

So I agree with ceo quote 'these are exciting times for us as a business'.  

ps Almost amusing,bis being a $42m market cap business playing in a massive global defence industry with absolute leading global technology but also with lelevant govts approval..

ps I can understand why no fy19 guidance was given ,only that bis expects increase in revenue to continue but with full production of hawkei /boxer to start late 2018 or early 2019 I expect an update on trading in nov ,maybe  fy19 ebitda guidance as the dust settles .

OE,lol i'm still trying to see how bis will increase their US presence.Seems to me they have a couple of options ie bsl,nucor ie same business model as CJV,Strange you said bsl uses scrap,it appears nucor same for plate,but clearly both would have access to the high grade IO required for armor plate ie the produce Q&T, SSAB,alcetelmtiall does either thru their US production facilities or imported..

I believe rheinmetall would support such expansion due to their push for involvement in US upgrade of army vehicles. 

ps and unlike many sml cap stocks bis has the earnings and low debt and orders in hand.

ps sry for rambling,but with bis there is so much to ramble on about.

lol ps lucky for bis subs are becoming less important,as a few have mentioned on other forums the french can be difficult to work with,who would have guessed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.03
Change
0.040(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $192.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.01 $4.09 $3.96 $560.6K 139.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 377 $4.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.05 9955 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.04
  Change
0.040 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.05 $4.08 $3.96 12829
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
BIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.