STX 2.22% 23.0¢ strike energy limited

Bottom of the Barrel Valuation, page-111

1. 618
    3,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1973
    We have to agree to disagree regarding the Haber decision because with the recent rise in gas sale price (contracted and spot), Haber just doesn't make sense. It's perfectly fine/healthy to have differing views on a forum

WRT to SN, is he the perfect CEO? Probably not. There have been several instances where he could have handled the situations better. Has he managed to steer the company in the right direction? I'd say so given the three big calls he made to ditch JAWS, pivot to PB by farming into EP469, and acquiring UIL. If it wasn't for that pivot, we would probably be a penny stock on the way towards oblivion.

My one constant thorn with the company under his leadership has been its communication strategy. They used to share too much and over-promise. Then they rightly dialled back the language but kept the market very well-informed. Then they went into dark mode and only made announcements on key events (like a large cap) but posted regular updates on LinkedIn. Now they are issuing updates with very minimal details. Throughout all the changes, not once did the company managed expectations upfront by stating the change in their communication strategy.

Overall, I still think he is the right person for the job in spite of some of his weaknesses. His passion for the shareholders and the company, as well as integrity, stand out for me.

Last edited by 618: 21/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.0¢
Change
0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $657.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 22.0¢ $1.949M 8.657M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 304712 22.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 1318162 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.