I prefer not to say King, but was heavily involved in planning...

1. 19 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I prefer not to say King, but was heavily involved in planning and conducting all types of burns in very heavy (state) forests for 40 yrs. After retiring, did a lot of fire planning and other work for 15 years, including burning on private (mainly forest) properties for key asset protection, until insurance costs blew us out of the water.
    A great pity, as many brigades dont have the expertise, skills, gear or time to burn large areas with top quality end results. I believe there is a place for burning contractors, (who can do suppression work also), especially for corporate clients who cant get anyone else to do their burns to protect their bush and or assets. This then ultimately puts their neighbours at greater risk when fuels increase.
    Govt agencies dont generally burn on private property, so if the brigades dont or cant burn it, ground fuels will increase and eventually, as we all know, be consumed in a major fire. This, at huge expense (and damage to environmental and other values) which the govt eventually picks up the tab for. Time for the feds to look at establishing an insurance agency as they did years ago, to support all sectors of the community. The big private insurers are out of control on many fronts and need some competition.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.