IMM 0.72% 34.3¢ immutep limited

kawartha, thanks for that I have checked it out and I think you...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    kawartha, thanks for that I have checked it out and I think you are right. Their last buy signal based on Technical Analysis was last month when the sp was 14.5c They point to a significant gain since then and they recommended taking a profit. They also mentioned that short selling is an option for those that want to take the risk of the stock easing.

So what may have happened is that when they recommended a buy a few of there followers loaded up and now on advice they have taken a profit, which is what traders do. The sale price they mentioned was 19.5c and this is what happened today. When those few sold they likely created a bit of panic amongst smaller holders and that may have resulted in going down to the 17s. If thats the case its all to do with technical analysis and profit taking strategy and nothing to do with the quality of the data soon to be released. Now that the 19.5c price has been breached the selling may slow and 19.5c may be a bit of a resistance point if others want to follow the sell at 19.5.

With a bit of luck, speculation on the coming announcements or the actual announcements will blow that resistance away. It will be interesting if tomorrow there is more selling or whether it has dried up. Of interest also will be whether short sellers come into play. If so we will need good news to blow them away. Only my speculation as to what may have occurred Thursday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.