I have tried to address concerns raised by other posters about...

1. 440 Posts.
    I have tried to address concerns raised by other posters about how the Canadian people came to apparently overwhelmingly support unprecedented policies targeting people who declined the covid vaccines.
    This post , by shikari is what attracted my attention but I was repeatedly moderated when responding so thought i would create a thread to address the topic

Long but worth a read. The enemy is us.

A History of the Persecution of the Unvaccinated in Covid Era Canada. How an overwhelming majority of Canadians came to support unprecedented policies targeting people who decline the Covid vaccines.

https://kmswinkels.medium.com/a-brief-history-of-the-persecution-of-the-unvaccinated-in-canada-3e57bee948b2

I am posting some background to what I consider relevant to the topic , from wikipedia.
    The thread is , after all , about Canadian politics and what influences it.
    1. 3/12/2012 · In the face of strong opposition within the Cabinet and the upper levels of the civil service to admitting Jews, the Canadian Jewish Congress was reorganized under the leadership of Samuel Bronfman to work for a safe haven in Canada for some of the increasingly desperate Jews of Europe. Despite mass protests and continuous lobbying by political and communal leaders throughout the Depression and war years, pleas on behalf of the trapped Jews of Europe went unheeded.

2. This list comprises persons who belong to the Jewish faith, who have been elected to the federal House of Commons, legislative assemblies of provinces and territories, and members appointed to the Senate. The first Jewish Canadian politician elected after Confederation was Henry Nathan Jr., elected as a Liberal MP to the House of Commons in a by-election in 1871. Both George Benjamin and Selim Franklin were elected in pre-Confederation Canada and are therefore not listed. There ...

3. 15/4/2011 · As for the second, political involvement has led to the perception that Jewish leaders are ready to do anything to be accepted by the rulers. In a rapidly changing Canadian society, Jews play a role as both model and scapegoat for Muslims.

4. The history of the Jews in Canada is the history of Canadian citizens who follow Judaism as their religion and/or are ethnically Jewish. Jewish Canadians are a part of the greater Jewish diaspora and form the third largest Jewish community in the world, exceeded only by those in Israel and the United States. [2] [5] [6] As of 2016, Statistics ...

• Alberta: 20,000
      • Ontario: 272,400
      • British Columbia: 62,120
      • Quebec: 125,300
    5. 24/12/2009 · Canadian Jews, long loyal to the country's Liberal Party, are proving to be the swing vote in parliamentary elections. Among the issues at play is Liberal Party leader Michael Ignatieff views on Israel. Sheldon Gordon Dec 24, 2009

6. 4/7/2022 · In April 1945, Canadian forces liberated the Westerbork Transit Camp in the Netherlands, including 900 Dutch Jews who were still interned there. As a nation, Canada has also been profoundly shaped by approximately 40,000 Holocaust survivors, who resettled across the country after the war.

7. 6/5/2016 · Jewish Canadians were also heavily involved in postwar relief efforts for displaced persons and Holocaust survivors in Europe. The Holocaust is defined as the systematic persecution and murder of 6 million Jews and 5 million non-Jews, including Roma and Sinti, Poles, political opponents, LGBTQ people and Soviet prisoners of war (POWs), by Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.

8. In the U.S. and Canada, the two largest Jewish diaspora communities, voters are shifting from liberal to more conservative leanings. in 2011 an Ipsos Reid exit poll of voters in the federal election of Canada found that 52 per cent of Jewish voters supported the Conservatives, 24 per cent the Liberals and 16 per cent the NDP, reflecting " an enormous shift in voter preference among Canadian Jews."

9. The relationship between Judaism and politics is a historically complex subject, and has evolved over time concurrently with both changes within Jewish society and religious practice, and changes in the general society of places where Jewish people live. In particular, Jewishpolitical thought can be split into four major eras: Biblical (prior ...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.