IPD 0.00% 5.2¢ impedimed limited

Catalysts for the inevitable price POP, page-70

1. 107 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    Hello all
    I have been doing some checks on medical policies in recent days.

Here are my observations:
    • I haven't been able to find instances of insurance coverage that hasn't been announced yet (not saying there are none, just saying don't expect there to be dozens revealed at the quarterly). I have also checked the big 5 and appears Cigna is still the only one to date.
    • Most insurers update their policies in the early months of the year. NCCN release timing missed the cycle.
    • IPD mentioned possibility for out of cycle reviews. I have a feeling the most proactive insurers have already had a look and changed their policies. Not saying there won't be any more of these, but have a hunch we'll be waiting til next year for many. Would happily be proven wrong though.
    • There are instances of policy reviews have taken place since NCCN but did not amend coverage. Some of these appear to be routine/limited in scope and do not reference the updated NCCN - I believe IPD alluded to this in an announcement. The closest I could find to an updated policy that recognised the revised NCCN guidelines but wasn't in favour was by BCBS Texas, effective as at 15 sept. Their policy review includes reference to 2023 survivorship NCCN guidelines, but erroneously states the guidelines do not reference BIS. https://medicalpolicy.bcbstx.com/updatedPolicyPage?path=medicine/MED201.036_2023-09-15&corpEntCd=TX
    • Not sure if it's fault of IPD in missing an opportunity to advocate to the insurers, or admin issues by the insurers - may never know, but wouldn't surprise me if some insurers are lax in this area
    • Either way, evidence IMO doesn't suggest it will be a battle to get widespread coverage, just seems like it will come in H2 FY24

Above is speculative so please do your own research. I have been accumulating more in recent times. Look forward to the new board providing some orientation in the quarterly to begin restoring confidence.
    Last edited by drageur: 19/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $105.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 4.9¢ $92.85K 1.855M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 388013 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 98158 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.