GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Chart, page-10862

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    I think maybe its worthwhile considering that as a result of the Fed increasing rates that it has affected the conversion from USD to AUD.

Generally I have noticed that when the Aussie dollar goes down the share price tends to follow.

USDAUD.JPG

Another thing that might be worthwhile remembering is that our contracts are negotiated in USD as will any deal that the company announces.

Seems to me also that Orocobre's production has dropped away and it was pointed out by knowledgeable members of the community that that historically there was quality issues that will affect pricing.

The tsunami of lithium that was expected this year as promoted by the various research houses has not occurred and has actually gone down, with applications to expand production being blocked or ending up in court.

I think the most interesting going on of late has been the deals and MOU's that Kidman KDR have picked up, with Mitsui, Tesla and yesterday announced as LG Chem. It goes to show some of the companies that are shopping around.

Companies making claims of conversion up around 20k plus from a converter, and we know of one duo planning for 100ktpa of hydroxide.

Prior to Galaxy's Jiangsu plant with a name plate of 17,500tpa the largest converters tended to be in the region of 6,000tpa, and maybe 8,000tpa. When I last made inquiries how Jiangsu was performing under new management I was advised that they were now somewhere around 14,000tpa and this is from what I understand using feedstock from the world famous Greenbushes which is considered by many to be the highest quality spodumene in the market.

Keep in mind that our converter in Jiangsu was a revolutionary Elon Musk wet dream, that is entirely automated right through to loading onto a pallet, where as some others are lower tech running around with a few wheelbarrows.

If the world best converter with the worlds best feedstock struggles to reach nameplate then what chance does the lithium market have to be able to meet the demand that continues to surface with the battery factories severely outweighing any potential lithium supply from many years to come.

Conversion from spodumene and processing from brine is the bottleneck, and along with difficulties that companies are having achieving funding for the various projects tied to the battery sector. Go back and listen to Joe's podcast when he spoke with Ken Brinsden where Ken explained that at one point despite having a fantastic project and resource they might not have been able to achieve finance to get it out of the ground.

Its a shame that the market, and those that commentate on it don't highlight the above difficulties, and accept that there is the possibility that projects will continue to be delayed and not meet the targets that they set for themselves, meanwhile countries are setting strict emissions targets, or in the instance of India and China trying desperately to encourage their residents to move away from internal combustion and into electric vehicles that they can use renewal clean produced energy to get them around and keep their lungs clean.

If between now I decide to take a break from the forum's which is not likely, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy safe Christmas and a prosperous new year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.