HiA person who has no money, knows nothing about the share...

1. 937 Posts.
    Hi

A person who has no money, knows nothing about the share market, nothing about the economy, TA, FA, dividends, etc. That person has $1 in the ashtray of their car and finds it after 12 months. Well, I would not say that person knows more about shares than an experienced trader who has lost 10% on their funds for the year.

I would weight the advice of the experienced trader even though they fared worse in real terms.

In the case of that family, I would not take advice from them just because they have owned property. They have not done well but unfortunately their mistakes can be a learning experience for others.

It comes down to what the value of the actual argument is.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion regardless of whether they own property or have never owned property. Of course, owning or having previously owned property gives an insight and level of experience which can be an advantage but does not necessarily make one an expert, of course.

There is an expression, 'you don't have to have played for Australia in order to coach them.........but it sure doesn't hurt though ".

I don't have too much advice for others, but it has been most clear in my life that property ownership has been the best financial investment I have made in my life. The decision to invest money in property has been the safest, non stressful and easiest path I could have taken.

I don't care if the person supports or hates property as an investment, the value of their opinion and whether I entertain it is in the quality of the argument they put forward and the respect that they show for others when doing it.

I have very intelligent people on ignore on this forum because they are too predictable in their posts, don't care about the view of others, stir trouble and are just plain rude - any knowledge they have or lack is of no interest to me as it is veiled in spite or arrogance and takes more away than it adds, for me anyway.

It really doesn't take much to show respect to others and we can make ourselves better by doing so.

all the best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.