Chaya, as a precaution, every day before 10am I religiously...

1. 6,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1176
    Chaya, as a precaution, every day before 10am I religiously check 2 things. Firstly, the cash balance in the CDIA account. Secondly the balance showing in the Transaction screen which logs your previous day's trades and the end of day balance ( which may be in debit or in credit). If the ledger balance is in the red, make sure that you have sufficient funds in the CDIA account to cover it and if not, urgently put some cash in BEFORE 9am to cover the impending debit. Because of T+2 sometimes it can get a little complicated or perhaps confusing especially if you are day trading a lot of stocks and comsec does not re=balance the CDIA account everyday. But as long as those 2 things are done, every morning without fail, then comsec will not need to tap into your other bank accounts. For recording purposes and peace of mind I also maintain a spreadsheet updated before market opens which records the CDIA balance and the Transaction Ledger balance. I learnt the hard way to do this because some years back comsec had a technical problem with Ledger updating, in which case I had to manually tally up the previous days trades ( buys and sells) so I knew exactly where I was before market opening time and credit/debit the nett amount notionally from the CDIA funds so when trading resumes I knew where I stood. Easy enough to do, but it was a pain as I trade a lot. Always pays to keep a spreadsheet summarizing daily exactly where you stand with these accounts in case systems go down.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.