COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

@vfhnbhjvhggh [MEDIA] [MEDIA] If you download the Australian...

1. 3,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1026
    @vfhnbhjvhggh

If you download the Australian government's Resources and Energy Quarterly June 2021 (specifically pages 117 to 119):

https://publications.industry.gov.au/publications/resourcesandenergyquarterlyjune2021/index.html

Copper export volumes to remain stable over outlook period
    Copper export volumes are expected to fall in short-term, with lower mine production and planned maintenance at BHP’s Olympic dam facility. Capacity upgrades under consideration provide upside potential to Australia’s production and export volumes.

In 2020–21, export volumes are estimated to fall slightly to 896,000 tonnes, before turning to reach a forecast 909,000 tonnes in 2022–23.

Copper production down before new capacity comes online
    Mine production is expected to fall marginally in 2020–21, impacted by lower ore grades and processing rates at a number of sites. Going forward, expansions and new capacity investment are expected to lead to gradual production increases.

In 2022–23 production is forecast to reach 910,000 tonnes, up an average 2.2% a year on the estimated 871,000 tonnes in 2021–22.

The Overview on page 6 puts copper into perspective compared with Fe, Au etc.

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.