Keeping this thread and the Coronavirus - NSW thread going from...

1. Osi
    15,898 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Keeping this thread and the Coronavirus - NSW thread going from time to time creates an interesting perspective.

It upsets me that my perspective on COVID has most often been correct from mid January onwards and that so called experts have been frequently wrong.

At the top of the thread I said that in the absence of mass testing in mid June, VIctoria would head into lockdown. It has.

Politicians and their advisors elected to WAIT. A few block of flats were necessarily locked down but the cat was already out of the bag by then. Of course it was because the mathematics of this virus reaches a point of endemic spread rapidly. Very rapidly. There is not middle ground. With COVID you either lock down hard (very hard), very quickly for a few weeks as soon as community spread is identified or it will spread .... as it did ...... and as it will in other states that fail to take instant action.

Enter the Trump inspired conspiracy theorists and total disaster ensues. Local politicians immorally seek middle ground with these political rodents and have almost unanimously failed to push back hard enough against Trumpist falsehoods and lies. Local Trumpists ignored Dan's belated pleas. So what happens now? Well the initially required hard lockdown is happening anyway but it will need to be much harder and longer than what I envisaged 6 weeks ago. We may possibly see Victoria repeating the Italian experience.

An earlier hard lockdown would have been over by now. Everyone could be back to normal living. But no. Political expediency and pressures from the radical Trump inspired mob absoluteluy ensures a death of a thousand cuts and a ruined economy.

The constpiracy theorists have ruined everything. Perhaps the virus is now coming for local Trumpists themselves and their families. Most will survive but a large percentage will face long term organ damage.

Politics and mathematics aren't a good mix.
    Last edited by Osi: 02/08/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.