BRN 1.96% 25.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Thought I'd resurrect this thread and pose the...

1. 4,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1614
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread and pose the question.........

Is INTEL going to be buying AKIDA through TSMC and SAMSUNG and then licensing the IP.......?

The thing is, INTEL up until now from what I can gather, has been looking after itself predominantly in terms of chip production and has been struggling to keep pace with TSMC and SAMSUNG in terms of semiconductor tech. Now AKIDA comes along and TSMC and SAMSUNG are both probably in a far better position to manufacture AKIDA at scale, so what does INTEL do?????

Outsource to TSMC and SAMSUNG until it has the capability to manufacture AKIDA itself or...................get left behind?

Now this is far fetched even for me but then so was my idea of NVIDIA buying ARM because of us and ARM getting on board with us and look how that's panning out wink.png...............................Not impossible imo.............one to keep an eye on the next 24 months I reckon!

(Que the eye rolls)

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/22/22589254/intel-q2-2021-earnings-chips-semiconductor-shortage-manufacturing

Gelsinger has wasted no time in trying to establish changes to get Intel back on track, announcing a new “IDM 2.0” initiative in March that aims to see Intel return as an industry leader in chip manufacturing. As part of that plan, the company will be outsourcing production for “products at the core of Intel’s computing offerings” to competitors like TSMC and Samsung starting in 2023.

Intel is also working to launch a new branch of its business, Intel Foundry Services, which will see the company take on manufacturing projects for third-party companies, including a $20 billion investment in expanding its manufacturing facilities in Arizona.

Given the overwhelming demand for more chip making companies in light of the global semiconductor shortage, Intel Foundry Services could be a big win for the company down the line. Intel announced today that it has over 100 potential customers interested in the service, and promised more news on Monday about the new initiative, but it’ll still be some time before that business ramps up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $463.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 27.0¢ 25.0¢ $1.803M 7.007M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 1301766 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 111469 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.0¢ 4866720
Last updated 15.59pm 22/05/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.