SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Couple New Jobs, page-76

1. 10 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I think the shorts can be explained quite easily. The placement was issuing shares on a delayed basis. Placement done on 1st October - shares handed over to placees (tradable) on 8th October. 

That means the subscribers who took shares cannot sell them until they have the stock. Smart (hedge fund) investors, who saw the stock was looking weak can borrow shares to sell into market between 1 October and 9 October. When the shares they subscribed for are delivered they get their shares and settle the stock borrow. So an insto takes the stock at 0.145, realises the error of the trade and borrows stock to dump immediately for little or no loss.

Others await stock to be delivered on 8 October and then wonder why the stock has already gone down as the majority of subscribers get their stock delivered.

What does it mean? Overhang on the stock as remaining subscribers await (hope) 0.145 level to cut losses.

I see from previous threads that the ISX 'crowd', have been putting the boot into Jlo and mhp; but it seems to me that they were spot on with analysis and forecast of where this was headed.

I don't own and don't intend to, but it is on my radar simply as I have an interest in reg/fin tech and there isn't much else on the asx in this area.

I will watch with interest but may not post much. Ciao

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.