covid 19 financial assistance

1. 1,256 Posts.
    So, as we have been told, there are numerous ways to get financial assistance from the govt during covid 19. I am a chef who has lost both hospitality casual positions, one I was about to start, the other I only started as of 4 March. I also operate a small cleaning/catering business, which I am the only employee. I applied for the job seeker package first, 2 weeks ago, and then registered for job keeper after that for my business, but they had not yet passed the legislation for that.

In the mean time I was turned away from centrelink because I was deemed a sole trader, and don't qualify for job seeker.

So...today, I have logged into ATO business portal to apply for job keeper, as it only opened today, and was told I need a mygov id app. My phone does not support the software, and therefore, I cannot apply. Now, I am getting very, very frustrated with all this. I rang my local federal member of parliament, who is Lisa Chesters. The person on the phone was very helpful, and gave me numbers to call. One was the ato my gov id hotline, which I can't get through to, and the other was the ato emergency helpline, which said it was too busy to take calls and try later. I am feeling extremely stressed about the whole situation, and thought I'd post this to see if anyone else is having the same difficulties.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.