AT1 0.00% 2.1¢ atomo diagnostics limited

Gday LCH,I understand what you mean now. There was for a while...

1. 2,985 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1242
    Gday LCH,

I understand what you mean now. There was for a while over 1m on the buy side in the market depth with approximately 20 plus orders making up that total buy order.

So it isn't one buy order it is multiple buy orders. There is so much to say here that I am not sure where to start. In no particular order:

1. People play games with the buy and sell depth, remember investing is not just Fundamental Analysis (FA) nor just technical Analysis (TA) but it is always psychological (TA can capture this as well) it is about balancing fear and loss against opportunity and gain. So people play games.

2. Do some research on support and resistance. A stock typically shows patterns where a certain level behaves as resistance (that is the sp won't go past a certain level) and then something happens and the stock pushes through resistance and then this resistance level often becomes support for the next resistance level. This can happen when you look at daily OHLC (Open High Low Close) data, weekly data and even monthly data. It can also happen intraday. So what you are seeing are the support levels for the stock at an intraday level.

3. Are intraday support levels genuine, sometimes yes and sometimes no. It is difficult to know sometimes looking at the market depth to know which buy/sell orders are genuine. There can be props, orders on the buy side to make it look like there is more interest in the stock than there really is, if someone tries to sell in to props they quickly disappear. Similarly there can be cappers, orders on the sell side to make it look like there is a great deal more sell interest in a stock than there really is. They often disappear when tested as well. Props and cappers can be part of the games people play. Not every order in the market depth is genuine but I cannot tell which one is and which one isn't.

It is very hard to tell much from looking at the intraday orders. Atomo has not been trading long enough to form much of a daily pattern, some have posted charts looking at intraday patterns, very hard to get a handle on it at the moment. It does feel like a base is forming around this level, which is good as most people who have bought on market have bought in higher. Those who took part in the ipo are doing much better than most, gl to them.

I hope some of this makes sense to you. I suggest you do some research on trading patterns, just to inform yourself about market behaviour even if you are not planning to become a short term trader. I wish you well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AT1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.1¢ $1.024K 48.76K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 115978 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 89366 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AT1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.