ZIP 0.55% $1.84 zip co limited..

hey stefanI agree and disagreeone part of me agrees with your...

1. 180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    hey stefan

I agree and disagree
    one part of me agrees with your logic that why would a merchant pass on the bnpl fees as it may loose a sale.

But they might not pass on all the 4-6 percent but decide bnpl is worth something and pass on a smaller 1-3 percent.
    If I think about in store, for daily purchases like a coffee credit card surcharges are passed on. In Aldi and Woolies credit card surcharges are passed on.
    i think it will come down to how greedy some merchants are. I think some might be able to pass on the fees and have a smaller impact to sales than other merchants. I don't think it's a non event though.
    Of regulation is passed capping the pass on rate this will have a major impact let's say they cap merchant charges to 3 percent. This would impact bnpl.
    On the flip side if regulation meant merchants could pass on the bnpl fees to consumers this imho would create increased downward pressure on the bnpl fees the companies like zip would charge a merchant. I think regulation could impact multiple sides of the supply chain; increased pressure on the bnpl companies to lower their fees by the merchants who don't want to pass on the 6 percent. We have PayPal and CBA entering charging 3 percent. If merchants can pass on the fees they increase their revenues by that amount which might mean a 10 percent increase in gross profit for bnpl purchases
    Obviously this is all just discussion until it happens.
    but I'm also confident RBA don't want to put the handbrake on two Aussie unicorns apt and zip

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.84
Change
0.010(0.55%)
Mkt cap ! $2.316B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.85 $1.88 $1.78 $19.37M 10.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 33562 $1.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.84 142475 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.54pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.