LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

Deciphering Lynas, page-849

1. 7,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    A very basic part of accounting is how inventory is accounted for. Inventory is valued as an asset and goes on the balance sheet. In US rule is it has to be valued at the lowest of either market price or COP. So when you build inventory Profits only take a small hit, and revenue takes a big hit. Selling inventory Helps Revenue but help profits only a little, since the mark up only goes from the inventory to cash on the balance sheet. we will not see this till SAR comes out, but we can look at what happened in H2 of 2023.

SAR 2023 https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/LYC/02636506.pdf Inventories were 123M reading note 7 we can see that 13.8M was finished goods

AR https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/LYC/02703887.pdf on page 58 we can see that inventories went down to 112M but looking at note D2 PG 87 that finished goods went up to 22 M so AL did not lie it more than doubled but how big of and impact do you expect this to make to the SAR? I do not think very much. If your still do after looking at facts explain why. Will it help? Yes it will but how much even if they sell half of it will the impact on a company that had 920M in revenue and 540M in profit in 2022. Which was their best year ever.

JMO but you listen to AL carefully but spend no time actually looking at data to see whay the actual change will be. Because words can be so misleading that is why there are rules about what has to be published and audited so you know what is going on. Try researching a little more and listening and drawing conclusions a little less. Yes the company doubled the size of inventory so AL was telling truth what is more important is how much was it? If I wanted to be biased like many up-rampers are I would have only used balance sheet numbers which were down and not done work to read notes, which I always do, they tell a lot more of the story. How deep do you dig to know the whole story? I suspect that most up-rampers only dig deep enough to confirm their opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.