LYC 1.48% $5.98 lynas rare earths limited

Deciphering Lynas, page-857

1. 7,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 500
    ridingricho63

Very good link I realy enjoyed it. I will be 74 in a few weeks. I am hoping to buy back into Lynas in the future. Until a few things need to happen I will not touch this stock till then.
    1. REE prices recover.
    2. Lynas show they can forecast cost and times on projects reliably.

it makes no sense to me to hold on to a stock through a big fall that is predictable. For the next 6 - 13 months it is very easy to see that Lynas will be in RED for SAR and likely to be in red for AR. This will cause stock to fall dramatically. Best to save your money and get back in.

What to do now. That is a personal decision, but I am in the process changing much of my portfolio to AA rated Corp bounds. I do not buy new bounds. I buy older ones that are selling at a discount to face value. Most of these are paying 5~6% on what I paid for them. If held to maturity they have an annualized gain of about 7% since I bought at a discount. I expect US Fed to start lowering rates soon in which case the market value will go up. I may be wrong only time will tell. Then I make more by selling. Stock market should then do better.

I started investing over 60 years ago. At that time people said if you could make 3 % after Taxes and Inflation (T&I) you were doing well. The last dozen years people have been making better than 20% after T&I. I don't know when this kind of market will return but we will recognize it when it comes. While I wait happy to have secure investments that RTN much less.

I retired at 55 to sail on my boat. Then sold the boat for an RV. I take one major trip a year and EU or Asha and several minor ones Us Canda. I have no retirement just SS, My portfolio is up significantly since I retired so it just takes a little care with your investments. A few speculative stocks help but do not become married to them. Always run from anything that has even a 30% chance of a big loss. Yes you will run from a few big gains but loses are very hard to recover from.

If you want to understand why I think fed will have to drop interest rates take a look at this note direction and acceleration.

https://cpiinflationcalculator.com/2022-cpi-and-inflation-rate-for-the-united-states/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.98
Change
-0.090(1.48%)
Mkt cap ! $5.589B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.11 $5.98 $17.19M 2.859M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 79108 $5.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 17678 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.