LYC 2.98% $6.19 lynas rare earths limited

I was of similar view to yourself and did very well out of...

1. 2,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    I was of similar view to yourself and did very well out of corporate bonds, as interest rates fell from 20% to 5%. In 2013 when i retired I had enough assets to generate liveable income with the niceties of travel and good (not bulkbilled healthcare.

Many of the bonds i purchased were inflation linked. However i see the CPI numbers as not representative of real changes to prices. The main issue i see is excessive growth in money supply through public sector spending on welfare and infrastructure, financed through issue of sovereign debt that will never be repaid. This simply debases the fiat currency so many feel wealthier but are actually poorer, less healthy, more stressed if they live in a large city, especially on fringe. But even the nicer suburbs are crowded with stressed people who can't get good tradespeople and domestic services like thei grandparents could.

I enjoy the challenge of preserving and increasing real wealth, through equity investment and live in a nice rural setting on the coast. I visit a large state capital one or two times a month to meet peers and see family. My priorities are spiritual, mental and physical health.

Lynas is a small interest, and I see it as a hedge against global military conflict along with gold that I generate income from by leasing (3-5%, paid in gold).

Amanda is perhaps loose with the truth sometimes but overall she has led us well through the political challenges we faced in Malaysia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.19
Change
-0.190(2.98%)
Mkt cap ! $5.785B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.17 $6.27 $6.10 $31.65M 5.100M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 20214 $6.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.20 56022 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.21
  Change
-0.190 ( 2.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.15 $6.27 $6.09 1216252
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.