I have trouble getting my head around, the eternal judgement...

1. 528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    I have trouble getting my head around, the eternal judgement scenario, but yes that is what most religious people believe the bible says. which is one reason why so many people dismiss the bible.
    I could go on for a long time but I doubt anyone is really listening, but a couple of points just in case.
    The correct translation of the bible doesn't include the word hell once, instead 4 words are used which are:
    Sheol meaning Grave
    Gehenna which was a place outside Jerusalem where they burned waste
    Hades yes straight out of greek mythology
    Tarturus also out of greek mythology
    now all these words were replaced with the word hell, but were originally used for different contexts.

Also not once is Hell mentioned in the old testament, for something so very important you would wonder why its not mentioned.

Other thoughts are Jesus said "I will draw all men unto me" well if they are in eternal suffering this cant be true.
    Jesus was sent to save the world, well as very few of the world are following his faith I thinking how can the world be saved if many are going to eternal punishment.

Interesting though at around 300 AD there were several groups of christians who believed in universalism and several that didn't.
    Needing a uniform religion it was decided by constantine and the powers that be that universalism was out and eternal punishment was in. From then on that is what was enforced as correct doctrine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.