A lot of very "Catholic theology". The main error that I would...

1. 365 Posts.
    A lot of very "Catholic theology". The main error that I would like to address is the teaching that Peter was the "rock upon which I will build my church"- The passge in Mathew 16:15-18 Jesus talking" But who do you say that I am" And Simon Peter answered Him" Thou art THE CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD." And Jesus answered him and said "Blessed are you Simon Barjonah because flesh and blood did not reveal that to you, BUT My Father who is in heaven. And I say to you that you are Peter ( grk Petros=stone) and upon this Rock(grk Petra= large rock) I will buid my Church." Now it was the divine revelation that Peter got from the Father as to who Christ was that was the "foundation ,large rock, that Jesus was refering to., not Peter the small rock. This confession is the issue not the speaker of it- for not too long later Jesus said to Peter, when he said he would not allow Jesus to be taken and killed that Jesus turned to him and said "Get behind me satan-- .'' The issue since Christ first appeared till now has always been" thou art the Son of the living GOD " - not the person saying it. Let us for a minute believe that Peter is the founder of the Roman Catholic church and then look at down thru history the murderous atrocities it has done to jews, christian and muslims and then try and believe that this is what the author of the serman on the mount wanted to be His Church. Sorry I can not go along with such an idea. As most atheist like to point out the catholic church never excommunicated Hitler and his henchmen from the catholic church and the pope would call for the church to pray for hitler on his birthday. I can not seriously believe that this is the rock that Christ would build His Church on. But it most definitly was the statement of confession as to who Christ was/is that He ment. Not rhe "small stone" but the Big Rock. As to the catholic church deciding what books made up the NT that was decided with in 100 yrs after Christ's ascention by the eyewittness and those who new them. That'll do for now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.