We hear the claims that ''the outcomes of religion and religious...

1. 27,006 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    We hear the claims that ''the outcomes of religion and religious belief have profoundly effected humanity in positive ways and outweigh the negative effects of religion'' from religious factions that are at war with each other such as Catholics, Protestants, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and thousands more, and even those who have invented water tight versions of God for themselves.

I suppose the violence in the bible must be viewed in a positive light to regard religions positively.

As must the delay in the onset in the Age of Enlightenment that religions imposed on the world, and the continuous attempt to stall enlightenment in our own age by insisting on the teaching of many antiquated and unhelpful "truths".

The main "enemies in WW1 and WW2 were Christians pitted against Christians. I suppose the rationale is that those murderers who created their own Gods like Stalin are the excuse for Christians killing each other.

I suppose there may be a case for not trying to engage with those who follow one of many Gods, including those who create their own and accept without question that 'the outcomes of religion and religious belief have profoundly effected humanity in positive ways and outweigh the negative effects of religion'.

But some of us don't give up, and will continue the benign battle for rational conversation.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.