YOW 12.0% 2.8¢ yowie group ltd

Im an Australian living in NYC. I've been investing in yowie for...

1. 1,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Im an Australian living in NYC. I've been investing in yowie for two years now.

In Manhattan the only place to buy yowie chocs is in speciality stores where they sell for $3-$5 a pop. At Walmart it's $2.48. Which is much more reasonable.

I've been to every store in Manhattan now and have asked questions at each. All the staff tell me they are a popular choc, even if they aren't well placed well on shelves. One shop told me they have two or three people coming in each day asking specifically for yowies.

One girl told me they went on sale at her store on Broadway at Xmas time. 30% off. She said they flew out the door. And now that yowie is producing an app to go with the game, it keeps the kids busy for longer. She said it has been successful marketing strategy for yowie.

Another guy said they had a big yowie event at their store in March last year. The chocolate sold out.

All in all I think yowie is popular, but we won't see huge revenue figures until they are in corner stores like Duane and reades and CVS pharmacy. The nearest Walmart is in the next state over, new Jersey. 45-60 minute bus ride.

I have no idea what happened to the 7/11 trials. Or the CVS trials. But let's remember guys, in the early 2000s they were selling 300 million units a year. To a population of 20 million. That's revenues of $600-$900 million dollars. Say an average of $200m a quarter. If they are trading at this price at $6m a quarter, we got a long way to go.

I am long on Yowie and plan on increasing my position at this price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.003(12.0%)
Mkt cap ! $6.422M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $677 24.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 50879 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.53pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.