BIT 10.3% 6.1¢ biotron limited

The outcome of the Remdesivir patent issues - and Gilead have...

1. 2,834 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2381
    The outcome of the Remdesivir patent issues - and Gilead have filed for patents in China even if claiming they won't be making any patent disputes - will not be significant for Biotron, the main issue for us investors on these pages in the short term.

Biotron will be releasing initial results on their present testing long before the Remdesivir trials will be completed in later April (see earlier posts), and any patent issues in China are not a concern for us. In the mean-time, if Biotron announces positive results near term, then everybody wins. This is the main and only real dynamic that will have serious implications for the BIT sp short term, all thing being equal (eg. HIV and other good news). It's worth discussing here this likelihood.

As I've said previously, personally, I'm banking on a positive outcome in Biotron's initial COVID-19 results. I'll also go as far to say that there is more chance of their compounds being successful than Remdesivir, because they have been designed on combating human coronaviruses, whereas Remdesivir was created for Ebola, and with only modest to good results. It is worth noting that Remdesivir may prove less successful on COVID-19. They are two different beasts. Believing that Rem's positive result on one patient in the US is the solution to the epidemic, is like saying that knowing one word of Chinese, is the key to learning the language.

As most of us know, antivirals so far in their relative short history in treating viruses have had very mixed results. HIV is where they have been predominately utilized, and of course, with limited efficacy. BIT225 may change that, and for those who aren't aware, this is because it is using a different mode of action that so far shows efficacy where other standard HIV antivirals do not. Holy Grail maybe. We'll come closer to knowing that at a later time (It is not directly associated to the present solution of finding an antiviral for COVID-19, but the work related to developing BIT225 is very relative).

But for us now, or more importantly for COVID sufferers, will this Biotron magic spill over to help stop the epidemic? Let's hope so. My guess is that it will because the specific results Biotron have achieved on treating human coronaviruses thus far are as good, if not better, than any other researchers efforts, and Biotron will be explaining that to the world if their initial results return favourably. This is what the market is presently missing. Biotron of course can't state as much until the cake is iced. It's having the sugar put in presently, being mixed, and will be spread any day......... Happy Birthday BIT investors !

Back to Remdesivir. Chinese pharma are going into mass production now banking on a successful outcome from the Rem trials. That is a smart move for the sake of the possibility that it works. I'd do the same. It may save thousands of lives. But even if the drug works, I can tell you now, it is unlikely to be a one shop solution, just as present HIV antivairals are not a magic bullet for HIV (read the Remdesivir Ebola results). But not too much should be given to this outcome, as a 'successful' Rem is far better than the contrary, even if only a partial solution.

Where does this leave us investors in the near term? Biotron's results from present testing will be known soon, Remdesivir will continue to be mass produced, it's full randomized trials will continue for another two months, and other researchers around the globe are also developing antivirals and vaccines. Who dares wins.

If I was a betting gal, I'd be going all black on the mob who have had very positive results on previous strains of humancorona viruses, especially when their technique is unique, and taylor made. Being able to test them on patients immediately without the normal rigorous routine thanks to the compassionate clause in these dire circumstances, will bring this discussion to a quick conclusion, one way or another.

You can patent that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
-0.007(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $55.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.2¢ 5.5¢ $418.3K 6.837M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 85063 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 14900 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
-0.007 ( 10.3 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 5.6¢ 1208244
Last updated 15.44pm 26/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.