DXB 3.45% 45.0¢ dimerix limited

I'll whip out the pom poms for you @stormer I think a key reason...

1. 40 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I'll whip out the pom poms for you @stormer

I think a key reason for the SP is that, despite its potential, we still have to get through Ph2b and 3 trials. Without a licencing deal/partnership, there will likely be a cash raise, and we are unlikely to see DMX profits till ~2020, and who knows how quick it will be integrated as the new standard care. Big investors wouldn't see a need to invest and tie up funds here when there is opportunity elsewhere in the market because there is no urgency here, no FOMO to kick the SP up. If this spec is successful and bears fruit, it might be a quick change, but IMO the SP will float sideways and slightly down, bouncing off minor announcements until/if there is a major announcement.

TBH, I brought DXB about a year ago feeling FOMO after I read the interim PhII results announcement at 0.011, watched the price drop to 0.005 or 6, back up to 0.015 and back down to 0.007 before the reconsolidation at 0.010. My FOMO prevented my from being patient with choosing my buy in or with selling at a profit and buying back in at the lows, although I did top up at 0.008. It is a little frustrating/confusing seeing the SP get lower, despite the fundamentals improving, but for me I'm happy enough having some of my money tied up here, as it'll prevent me spending it on useless things, and by 2020 it'll either be gone due to failed trials, or be many multiples my initial investment, which is more exciting then having it sitting in the bank.

This is no doubt a punt, as the success rates of ph2 (efficacy) trials is about 33% (although we're looking good here for ph2b) and ph3 (therapeutic effect) is about 25-30%. IMO we have a higher success rate, as these are known drugs being repurposed. Even so, at this market cap, I could roughly think the 5yr risk is ~75-85% chance of losing my initial investment, or a 15-25% chance of the MC >$500M (conservative), ie ~25x initial investment. Say I make 20 similar investments and 15% work (3), than on average I'm up 375% my initial investment, which is a pretty good interest rate. That makes me happy enough to have my DXB just sitting there without too much stress/time commitment of trying to trade it.

In regards to why DXB. Initially FOMO, but also because I understand the reports a bit and think biotechs are important for societies progression, as opposed to mining stocks which I just plain don't understand if % grades and depths are good or not (and you know, environment).

All IMO, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
0.015(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $247.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 46.5¢ 42.5¢ $1.090M 2.454M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 63703 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.0¢ 35469 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DXB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.