FEX 0.57% 43.3¢ fenix resources ltd

OK my thoughts as they were jotted down, please dont take...

1. 3,890 Posts.
    OK my thoughts as they were jotted down, please dont take anything as gospel as I might have misinterpreted; theyre a bit scattered too, sorry. For entertainment purposes only!

Mostly positive vibe. Possibly the calmest AGM Ive been to, all resolutions passed without too much dissent or lenghty questioning.

Possibly 30+ in the room, including brokers, a Casimir rep, shareholders and directors (past and present). Which is a pretty good turn-out, some similar sized AGMs are held around board tables.

On Resolution 1 McMaster stepped in to give an overview of how Wolfgang was recruited. McMaster said he and Boylan were responsible for going through an exhaustive recruitment and interview process and were more than very satisfied with WFs credentials.

WF gave a bit of history about himself, which was interesting. Paraphrased the main points not publicly available below:
    - Been involved with o/s companies in exploration phase
    - Has run a publicly listed company before
    - Was involved in CSG industry in early stages in a company that either made sales or was sold to Origin Energy
    - Likes the opportunities EMG has as an early stage developer and explorer of the base metals
    - Commented that hell move on if he cant get his options into the money
    - Thinks EMG have a phenomenal core team

Part of GHs role is looking at new opportunities.

BEYONDIE PROJECT
    - 2 year timeframe for cashflow (although this is best case I believe)
    - Currently achieving 400m per day with RAB drilling
    - Part that really got me excited was Nathan specifically said (and you can refer to the slides for context) that a further $1.2m worth of drilling is required in E52/1806 to exceed 1billion ton JORC resource target for magnetite (which is the south western corner of the deposit)
    - Transport options werent detailed specifically but two ideas mentioned were mine gate sales opportunities or strategic alliances. There were quite a few options and questions thrown around but at the moment they cant commit to anything specific. They did highlight the options to the north, east and south. Nathan said he was very focused on this aspect of the companys operations. I got the impression he was making it a personal priority.
    - Dont want to be continually diluting shareholders interests
    - I have notes saying both drill results are a week away and not due til quarter 1 next year. Ill check with the company and report back.

BASE METALS
    - Exploration commencing in January
    - Mt Bartle looks the goods to me. If my notes are correct (and theyre a bit scrambled) I think aircore drilling is scheduled here for Q1 next year
    - The company is likely to be eligible for a grant to help fund their drilling program(s) with their new 3d model
    - John I asked specifically about DEGs base metals rights in the Beyondie tenements for you. Basically got the we are looking at ALL the options, cant say anything specific line but Im inclined to think based on the response there is something simmering away here (maybe GH is looking at this as part of his new role trying to identify new opportunities? I dont know).
    - North Pool is an 80/20 JV farm-in with Pandell
    - Company has too many options but if I had to take a guess I reckon Mt Bartle will get first attention.

Overall pretty positive I think. Plenty more drilling will be required into Q1 to prove up the DSO. There have been proactive approaches by substantial industry participants about Beyondie, so there is definitely some (unquantifiable) interest there. When pushed about whether an announcement about this was imminent the response was a definite no and when pushed further a very general (and perhaps reticent) first 6 months of next year. They cant really do much more until they know precisely what theyre dealing with (no surprises there).

The video shown at the AGM should be up on EMGs revised website. Worthwhile checking out.

New board is looking to expand with possibly two new directors. I got the impression Nathan works quite closely with Burston, meeting weekly or fortnightly.

Overall, maybe a 7/10. First quarter next year should be a very exciting time for the company on a number of fronts. If these guys can pull off half of what they're looking at we could be looking at a company of substantial size in 12-24months. I'll be buying on dips and holding on by the seat of my pants!

Guidos cant believe you didnt make, although I wasnt the only HC person in the room.

JT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FEX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.3¢
Change
-0.003(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $302.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.5¢ 43.0¢ $1.564M 3.564M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 169596 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 46520 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.59pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FEX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.