re: gold"The timing of the rebound aligns with the beginning of...

1. 1,937 Posts.
    re: gold
    "The timing of the rebound aligns with the beginning of the crisis in Egypt"

no-one saw the disruption coming in terms of timing, while they might have had a good idea it was going to happen eventually. those higher powers who knew were already shaping the trend.

more correctly, the timing of the rebound (in gold) aligns with the bounce off a support line. I had no other reason to go long gold at 1310 - and it and silver are yet to leave the building.

the trend either explains the news, or the news explains the trend. take your pick. but i'll trust any trend more than I will ever trust the news.

i'll worry when gold goes below $1300USD, silver below $28.50 USD and copper below $4.40/lb all in the same week.

say for example silver gets to a target of $32.70. what news could possibly explain that? they'll come up with something.

if the US economy is actually growing from this point, the euro will drop, but the demand for commodities won't necessarily. A rising BDI (Baltic) might eventually put downward pressure on commodities like coal and copper.

just my thoughts on the news ...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.