I'm not sure if you have an accurate account of the situation in...

1. 261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    I'm not sure if you have an accurate account of the situation in India.

Companies aren't looking to do business there. Many companies set up business there 5 - 10 years ago, and are looking for viable alternatives to exit, due to the lack of trust instilling activity that goes on in India.

Many companies I have worked with actually are in a lot of deep sewerage due to their dealing with the Indians. FDIs in india have turned out to be extremely cost inefficient, and also do not provide the right services that are required.

I will take 2 examples:
    IT Development Center -
    Many companies have set up Indian development centers. They provide technical training to the locals to get up to speed with the technology that they use, and the business that they operate in, in order to equip the employee with the tools necessary to perform the job. The issue these companies are finding is that they must give the employee an annual salary increase of around 35% in order for the employee not to rip the company off. The employees do not honor their contract with the company and just leave to work for someone who pays better (and they will offer better due to the training that they have received) if their company does not counter offer. This is a very common occurrance and has been verified numerous times by colleagues of mine who work in IT in india.

IT Call centers -
    Many companies set up call centers in India. Call centers are there to listen to customer complaints etc, and to provide customers satisfaction. How much satisfaction can you get out of calling some guy in india that you can't understand a word of. Furthermore, he doesn't really care about you, so if you ask to speak to his supervisor because this guy doesn't have the knowledge required, then rather than pass you along to someone more knowledgeable, he hangs up on you. This is an extremely common occurrence.

The fact of the matter is that the indians have a different culture to the Australians. Working with Australian work ethics in mind, and "trusting" that they will perform according to our expectations is just plain wrong. Many companies have been burnt, and many companies are looking to exit that hell hole. I'm not sure where you get your info from, but I assure you it's pretty much wrong.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.