APL 0.00% 13.5¢ associate global partners limited

Precis - you've done it again mate, a very interesting,...

1. 1,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157
    Precis - you've done it again mate, a very interesting, insightful and well thought out post. Well done!

Just thought I'd share a few observations of my own on the trading activity as of late. Over the entire trading history of this stock (6 yrs & 6 months), there has never been the level of volume activity that we're seeing now. This week alone we have already had just under 200M shares trading hands. Since the start of Jan 2011, when the volumes started to increase significantly the stock has been averaging up to approx 35M / week! Compare that to mean volume over the past years, it's been somewhere around 1-3M / week.

So, what's the significance? Well, it suggests to me based on what I've observed countless times over my trading career (~9 years) is the presence of strong volume preceding strong share price appreciation, which in itself can often be driven initially by 'smart money'. What particular news could be driving this - well, that's really not for me to speculate on, but from a purely technical perspective, it would suggest that some (key) holders are anticipating positive news in the 'near' future.

Potential current scenario. Cappers as some have suggested appear to be working the boards - well if they are, you can't blame them really! Since the stock is already trading just under half the value of net assets alone, it would suggest to me that any method applied to further enhance accumulation would be financially very prudent, particularly coupled with the anticipation of positive news.

Today's action: Certainly worth noting most shares traded hands close to 0.8c today; VWAP was 0.79.

IMO, with a bit of patience and luck, faithful holders will be the ones grinning ear-to-ear. Til then, bottoms up...

And, cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.626M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.30pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.