Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-76268

1. 17,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    @NoBoDe THANKYOU - If it weren't for the cold winters of Europe, I would not have migrated! I loved my city with all my heart! and knew it well by the time i was a teenager - because I had roamed it since age 9 or 10 - all kids did in those days - I 'owned' my environment, my mother's boast was that she knew every street in Vienna - from walking, travelling. Many people do not own a car, because now they have a terrific U-Bahn system as well.

I still remember my disappointment when London suddenly built the biggest Ferris Wheel in the World - in the middle of the City -
    I had always thought 'ours' was the biggest and best.

a harsh lesson to learn - moving from parochial to international - now I am proud of London!

PEZ is probably the only 'lolly' I still ate when adult - i don't keep minties etc. in the car, which is a mistake - shall mend my ways.

This story misses out on what was my most beloved feature of the city - it is a city of wonderful parks, filled with flowering and fragrant bushes, like lilacs and jasmine - benches everywhere - in spring time lovers would use those parks for their courtships which could get quite intimate, but I never saw anything totally inappropriate - but I wasn't out too late . . . . homeless people and tramps tend to sleep in hidden corners of parks in the warmer season.

and because it is a relatively compact city, everything is within walking or public transport distance. Public transport is quick and cheap, when buying the monthly or yearly tickets. For tourists there are 3 or 4-day Vienna Cards or Passes - reasonably priced - which allow free travel on public transport and reduced entrance prices to some museums, historic buildings.
    Always buy a ticket for public transport, because if caught without, the fines are hefty. An Australian ex-boss of mine got caught and complained bitterly to me on his return - I remember thinking: 'you've got the money, why didn't you buy a ticket?" but commiserated . . . .

Servus and Tschau (Ciao) - which is now fashionable
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.