Fires: poor management not climate., page-284

1. 29,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    My point is that scientists just like normal people can make predictions but as you say, we are all limited by the scope of our knowledge and what we don’t know.

I’m no scientist, I wouldn’t even say that I was more than an average student but I do read a bit, listen to ABC radio as they have many interesting and related discussions with scientists and they have a chat once a week to the boys and girls from the Geraldton BOM that I’ve listened to for years plus (as a 52 year old) the decades of chatter about GW/CC/MMCC/AWG.

One of the ABC chats a couple of years ago was with a lady who was explaining that they had discovered whirlpools off the WA coast and how they had up to that point factored in a steady 2knot speed of the Leewuin Current.
    This was an important discovery as it had effects on Climate Models.

I’m heading in from 73 fathoms at the moment after watching the leewin current run in the opposite direction to the way it was yesterday, I don’t know what it cost to find out this startling information that she discovered but a chat with any lobster fisherman over here in WA would have been heaps cheaper.

Silly things like this don’t encourage me to think that the scientific reasoning is as accurate as you seem to believe.
    This doesn’t mean that everything about what they claim is nonsense but I believe that your views of scientific infallibility are misplaced.

I’m not trying to change your views, I’m happy for you if you want to believe but I have a personality trait that can be annoying, I will argue a point if I think it needs arguing and best I mention that uncommon condition called common sense.
    Common sense should suggest that that the complexity of Climate and the little information we have means that the chances of errors in their modelling at this point would have to be high as opposed to the Fact blurb that we have been fed since the late 70’s.

As I’ve said before, I’m not denying anything but I doubt the validity of the “Emergency” at this point.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.