A2M 0.28% $7.16 the a2 milk company limited

First hand customer feedback on A2 adult milk powder from China

1. 966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    I introduced A2 adult milk powder to my mom who experiences digestive discomfort to A1 protein. Such product is available from A2M Tmall international (Taobao/Alibaba) and Woolworths Tmall which is currently on sale at 210 RMB for 2 units.

Her verbatim was phenomenally tasty despite that she has tried various products from Europe and ANZ. Going forward, my parents maybe my parents' parents will also be consuming A2 products thereafter. More orders are coming in from the extended family and neighbours including the one who's a senior director at Walmart global sourcing.

I've also passed on the feedback to the buyer at Walmart China (Sam's club) who wasn't aware of the adult powder before the conversation we had previously. From my experience, the adult powder has less supply issue, however, since IF is in a great deal of shortage I guess we do have to sacrifice some capacity of IF to make room for the adult formula. That's why I have no particular interest of marketing A2's IF as it is well known as it is supposed to be also in short supply as how it is now.

The only concern is that the adult powder is considerably more expensive than its peers of course it's worth it. However, there is an opportunity cost of forfeiting production of IF which looks more profitable from an outsider. Strategy wise I reckon it is a very smart move of further differentiating and expanding its demand and market.

The Chinese are very concerned about their offspring so elasticity for what they going to feed their babies and themselves vary quite significantly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.