I won't spend anymore time going round in circles with you on...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    I won't spend anymore time going round in circles with you on this subject of how your method of word translation is incorrect and needs to be changed.
    Especially since you don't answer the questions about how to translate Koine Greek but always just repeat your previous version of some verse or other and insist it is you that is right.

I still hope that this exchange might show you that the only way is to begin to study Koine Greek yourself so you can produce "unbiased" versions of some of these contentious NT ideas.

Of course it actually won't be unbiased because you also have fixed ideas of your own including non Trinity and the nature of Jesus etc.
    For example you say "They only use "was", as they are trying to place 2 beings in there, when there is clearly one."

An unbiased person would say that they translate it like that because that is what the author(s) of John intended.
    That doesn't mean the authors were correct except to those who are stuck with Sola Scriptura and the Bible is God's infallible word.

I think I read somewhere that studying seriously every day one could get a reasonable grasp of Koine Greek in about 9 mths.
    It certainly would be challenging but you might find it interesting and helpful.

In the meantime you could locate various secular translators who have no vested concern about Jesus or Trinity or similar and ask them for their views on how and why certain passages had been translated.

"Now then, your last para, BACK THE F... UP THERE CHUM
    That is gutter trash and YOU should know better!"

Nothing I opined is unreasonable or could be considered "gutter trash".
    In fact the only gutter trash is the comments in bold you wrote above.
    It should show you how irrational and nasty you have become in responding to other posters as you become more and more fixed in your rigid attitudes.

You almost certainly won't be able to see this since you must remain blameless and worthy of being guided by God and Jesus but I'll leave it with you.

Last edited by Copperbod: 27/04/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.