FMG 1.10% $19.76 fortescue ltd

Ha, thanks Maz. I was impressed with the video link posted up on...

1. 2,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3255
    Ha, thanks Maz. I was impressed with the video link posted up on how the company came to be. Its one thing to have dream to take on the established incumbents and another to have what it takes to make that dream come true.

I took on board one of the requests he made of his hand picked team was that they have skin in the game and he and his BOD certainly have some heavy interest in the company they work for. This reminds of of the choice I had when Telstra was floating off in various tranches and I had the chance to invest in TPG as well. I thought the fledgling Telco would struggle, go nowhere or go out of business like OneTel. In the end TLS ending up being a dividend trap and over the years its SP and dividend were smashed. With dividends reinvested I still came out ahead over the years before I exited it but would of multibagged it many times over if I went into TPG in its infancy.

Sometimes you get a newbie with a vision who does things differently and can take on the giants and cut their lunch and take a big slice of the pie. There is far more growth in a upstart with plenty of blue sky ahead than big established players like BHP and RIO. The incumbents are comfortable and somewhat lazy and dont have the drive and hunger of AF and his team and because of that I see a bright future for all FMG ahead and their shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.76
Change
-0.220(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $60.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.66 $19.80 $19.20 $191.1M 9.763M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 4673 $19.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.76 31740 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.