FN, page-2234

1. F01
    2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Hey mate. I have been hiding, deep, deep in the shadows, or the depths. But all is well, thanks. Just pondering the last few days. So here it goes.

Great to hear the rent is working out well for you. And more rent, is, er, more money.

How is Darksiders treating you?

On my end..... in no particular order

I decided you never know when the next storm comes, so as a consequence going forward, I am only going to buy stocks I would be happy to hold through a GFC type of event. So now before I buy, I ask (apart from what would Nanood say ) if the SP falls by 50%, would I buy more. If the answer is yes, then I hit the buy button. The plan, you may not remember because I have not talked about it for a few years, was always to acquire a durable portfolio that requires as little maintenance as possible, that gives me a steady income stream. The plan was to slowly increase wealth, not try and get rich quick. So, with that in mind.....

LNK: bought way too much, too quickly, and at a time when I might need those funds for something else (never back yourself into a corner where you might need to sell a stock in a hurry). Ultimately, the more I read about it, the less convinced I was about it. Sure, PEXA is great, the rest not so great. Its UK exposure could really hurt it and I acquired this feeling of dread that when it reports this month, it will tank. Of course it may not, and soar like an eagle instead, but the feeling became quite strong, and there is nothing worse than holding a stock you have no conviction for. The lack of director buying was in the back of mind. So, given all that, it all went, at a fairly decent loss. I don't envisage holding it again. So that is all I am going to say about that.

TCL. Good report, dividend slowly increasing, progressing as planned. Not sure their latest purchase is great, but its relatively small, so I will give it the benefit of the doubt. Don't like the SPP (give the money first, and then you might get what you paid for, or less and then refund at some later stage). It will cap the SP. Doubt I will take part in it, but should it fall to 14.70 or below, I will probably buy another 1-2k shares.

TLS. Report was adequate. Turnaround progressing. Happy to keep holding.

NAB. Was happy with the quarter update. Looking to increase on weakness. CODB!!

CBA. Adequate report. Other banks meh, but will increase my holdings on weakness....

PL8. Will almost certainly participate in the CR, unless it falls below 1.10 before the end of this month.....

K2F slowly but steadily progressing.

D2O undervalued. I really like it. I think (hope) it will climb back up to match NAV (around 1.60) in the next few months. Dividend slowly but steadily increasing. I would buy more if it falls further. I have quite a bit now, so it would have to dip below 1.30 or so before I would be tempted....

CMA, NSR. Steady but boring. CAJ meh. Though I think at 22c its actually good value. We shall see when the report comes out this month.

Have been watching CYB and CIM with interest, but not enough interest to buy.

Oh, and I added a small parcel (1k) of IFL @ 4.98 today. I was encouraged by the recently announced FUMA and I reckon they will be ok when they report later this month. Happy to pick up another few k depending on how it is travelling.

Also watching AWC. Almost picked some up recently, but didn't.

Fury was out and about today, heh. Good day to be sitting on the sidelines. I don't remember the ASX falling this much in one day since Brexit. And tomorrow is sell off Friday. CODB!! Are you hunting yet? Lets see if we can get you back into CommSec One!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.