PER 1.18% 8.4¢ percheron therapeutics limited

For General Information, page-118

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 466
    Here's the recent article:
    https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/drugmakers-scientists-begin-hunt-long-covid-treatments-2022-03-25/

• Long Covid- a more elusive target marked by hundreds of different symptoms afflicting millions of people..(more than 100 million people according to the WHO)
    • Big Pharma likes Pfizer and Roche are interested in finding cure for long Covid but would not elaborate on plans. The way I see it... how ambitious Pfizer is... First, it is all about mRNA Vaccine.. Now Pfizer Australia (subsidiary of Pfizer) offered $100M to acquire RAP.. a smartphone app to diagnose respiratory diseases i.e. Covid-19 by listening cough sound.. so, what is their next move? I would bet both Pfizer and Roche would want to get a piece of the pie from the market share.
    • In Long Covid, the hope is the drug will restore the normal function of mitochondria - the energy-creating "powerhouse" of the cells. Poorly functioning mitochondria may explain the crushing long-term fatigue so many patients experience. (These small organelles are responsible for producing adenosine triphosphate(ATP), the molecule that supplies energy to the cell and, consequently to the brain and the body).

Damaged mitochondria --> Trigger inflammation --> Inflammation in the brain damages and destroys brain cells, speeding ageing and atrophy of your brain. This raises your risk for dementia, Alzheimer's (brain inflammation increases amyloid beta), Parkinson's and other degenerative brain diseases... and not forgetting... Muscular Dystrophy etc.

What is ATL1102 capable of?

Another possibility that conduct by a team of Australian researchers and clinicians from UNSW Sydney's Kirby Institute and St Vincent's Hospital Sydney have uncovered an immune profile for long Covid, potentially paving the way for tailored treatment for those with ongoing symptoms:
    "... biological characteristics which can help us define a medical condition in an accurate and reproducible way. We compared these to people who had not had Covid-19, and we found persistently elevated level of Type I and Type III interferons - types of protein that cells make in response to the presence of a virus. These interferons generally disappear after an infection clears, but in patients with long Covid we found hey were present for an extended period."... " In conducting this research, we were looking for proteins in the serum, these proteins, or biomarkers, are evidence of an abnormal process caused by a disease. We analysed 29 different biomarkers that we suspected could be 'triggered' by Covid 19, and we identified a small subset that were associated with long Covid syndrome. Excitingly, by looking at subsets of cells within the immune system we found the possible of those biomarkers, which could be crucial for developing treatments."

Now, let's see Antisense... Antisense drugs prevent the production of proteins in disease processes by interrupting the translation phase of the protein production which results in therapeutics benefit to patients.

As Wilsons Equity Research pointed out, " If Antisense were to pursue indication expansion of ATL1102 outside of DMD, MS is their most advanced asset and opportunity given the advanced clinical development they have already completed."

Let's see what the future holds... 1) By hook or by crook, we will get sufficient funds for the trial on time, I'm not worried at all. 2) the pivotal trial (DMD) in EU commenced. 3) once the nine-month toxicology study finished and hopefully by then FDA lifted the partial clinical hold... get the ball rolling...

I believe the company has done a lot of work behind the scenes and we will continue to make progress. Sometime I don't have to have all things figured out to look forward.. just follow company timeline. A small biotech company like ANP with no revenue can still be worth billion of dollars... Pipeline often justify the value of a company. It will not happen overnight... It's a long game....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.4¢
Change
-0.001(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $75.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.4¢ 8.3¢ $3.097K 37.23K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29206 8.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 118557 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.