@noddan how is the garden?I have sweet peas ready for...

1. 60,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    @noddan how is the garden?

I have sweet peas ready for harvesting, I'm to lazy to harvest but enjoying them fresh off the vine. There will be heaps for when the son visits next and grand son gets to try them
    • Broad beans are in flower and looking good but netting and frame is in the way, need to take netting off and hope the chooks don't destroy them
    • Chooks managed o get under the netting and destroy my purple sprouting broccoli, not that they were sprouting. Think I needed to pick the top off to get them spouting.
    • Few Cabbages left that the chooks managed to get at, note to self secure that flap, so most of those will be for the chooks
    • Speaking of chooks, broody hen sitting on 19 eggs and I expect some will start hatching this week. Fingers crossed I get a better boy vs girl ratio this time.Not expecting a 100% hatch ratio this time, ideally these girls handle 12 eggs
    • Got strawberries happening but cold wet weather is preventing fruit to grow and ripen properly, but plants look good, except the ones in another raised garden beds the chooks got into. Bloody chooks
    • Having sprayed eco oil for leaf curl Mandarin is in flower and looking good
    • Put some tomatoes seedlings in out front, bugger think I used too much chicken manure or didn't mix it in enough and burned them, will re do that
    • Yah two Mango trees flowering so will see how much fruit set I get and how many hold, need to research more on that.tree's
    • Hicks Mulberry seems to have responded well to my heavy pruning, heaps of fruit sprouting. Need to keep this tree to a manageable size, at least for now.
    • Weeping Mulberry just starting to sprout, amaxing how hard it can be pruned. Expect Fruit are small but sweet
    • Peach tree is flowering and some fruit just forming, expect @Margaret63 peaches are well under way
    • Apricot also pushing out some blooms, nectarines not yet.
    • If I have the same problem again with fruit fly I think I will give up on the stone fruit, maybe a Valencia orange and another 1-2 Mango trees to replace them
    LOL lots of other stuff happening but red wine and special herbs..................................................

BTW Mr Fig Jam wanted me to post photos of his red cabbages an sauerkraut that he made, maybe another time

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.