Fruit & Vege Garden, page-981

1. 60,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Pruned the Peach, nectarine, apricot, Hicks mulberry and weeping mulberry, probably could prune a bit more but will see. Not feeling optimistic on my battle with fruit flies on the stone fruit, might have to give up on them which would be a shame.

Not seeing new shoots of Raspberry, mine was a heritage variety that fruit on first year cane so cut to the ground after fruiting. Bugger might have to get new ones

Garlic was not looking as good as Mr Fig Jams so have given then a good dose of fertilizer then I noticed some black aphids on them and French shallots

One lots of broccoli was being attacked by rats I presume so have up on those, have some purple sprouting broccoli under some fine mess which seem to keep out cabbage moth and looking great. Took a heap of leaves off and used them to make a sort of cabbage and potato soup with bacon, that was nice.

Got Cabbage, broad beans and sweet peas, strawberry's doing well but need sunshine and warmer weather for the fruit to ripen properly

Losing hope on Blue Berries, despite using Azalea potting mix the just not doing all that well. Probably an understatement, think my bore water is too high PH

My girls (2 older & 2 younger) had a burst of egg laying a couple of weeks back, a dozen eggs in less than a week. Slowed right down and only getting a few very small eggs, I presume from the you girls. Mr Fig Jam is enjoying the roosters and my girls are enjoying not getting molested by 8 roosters, I kept one as I expect the girls will go broody in early November.

With plenty of open yard space for the chooks to free range I would expect the would help keep the weeds down, alas the spend to much time making a mess under the patio redface.png

Sun is out today so need to get motivated and clean/tidy the mess in patio and back yard
    Last edited by Justis: 30/07/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.