IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Thanks mazza. Yes, we will likely see batteries on all WFs in...

1. 5,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1340
    Thanks mazza. Yes, we will likely see batteries on all WFs in the fullness of time. My point is, some pairings will produce larger, faster returns than others. IFN will do the sums across eleven WFs in hand, considering factors like grid constraints and arbitrage opportunities, and add the most beneficial first. Nor does it need to put a battery on every WF, it could merely change charge/discharge settings on a nearby battery to achieve same.

We have earlier discussed how W + B has superior economics to S + B. I think W + B economics thrashes the stand-alone batteries like the 500Mw proposed for Geelong. That project is predicated on eating the lunch of dumb variable renewables. W + B means a WF can decline to sell at low and negative prices.

While the AEMO insists a W + B pair be separately metered and disclosed, the pair are under no obligation to despatch into low prices when they can trade between themselves.

If this is my thinking, you can imagine how keen I am for IFN to add another battery to its kit anywhere it chooses. I see wind as a class tearing away from other generation once a battery is added.

I am getting more batt-crazy by the day. Forgive me.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.