SPL 0.00% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

FYI

1. 12,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1406
    Below is a post from another thread which I have highlighted in blue

The second section is an update on these comments

Well the figures are out for Thursday 14th January - date of 1,000,006 shares traded

And guess what - ASIC have exactly the same amount of shorts on this day (4,083,942) as well as the previous day (4,083,942).

On this day there were 8,196 shares short sold according to asx website

So why no change according to ASIC

Two possibilities

• The person shorted in the morning and covered in afternoon. So a neutral result. This could make sense as the opening price was 71 cents, low was 64 cents, and closing was 65 cents
    • The ASIC website has been known to be unreliable from time to time
    So just assuming ASIC numbers are correct - it can mean there was a selling down of stock by a large holder - this has been demonstrated in fact today - after announcement of SPP result
    Or short selling has started up again

Tomorrow we may get a better understanding of what has been happening with a second reading from ASIC short selling report

Update posted today

Well it has been confirmed from my point of view

We have one smart day trader operating in the Starpharma space.

Let me explain

On the 13th, 14th and 15th of January there was no change in the net short position of Starpharma. According to ASIC on all of these three days - the figure was a constant 4,083,942 shorts. However according to ASX report there were 55,501 (13th), 8,196 (14th) and 26,894 (15th) new shorts taken out on Starpharma. If this is the case, surely we would have an increase in the shorts over this period

Well the answer is not necessarily so

I rang ASX hotline to ask if one takes out a short and covers in the same day would this show up in the ASX report.

The answer is yes.

So I believe a trader has been shorting sometime  during course of trade and then selling during course of trade on same day

The fact that the net shorting position has remained constant leads me to the conclusion that someone is selling down their position in Starpharma. This was witnessed yesterday

Hopefully they are running out of stock to sell down at these levels. Once this happens we may see the climb back up.

The CR has been completed
    There is now 58-60 million in kitty as will be announced in quarterly
    Patients enrolled in the cancer trials in Australia would have spent quality time with their families over the Christmas -
    New Year break. So will not be too long for the Dep-Docetaxel trials to resume in earnest

All the directors have topped up their shareholdings in company

They have bought two lots recently - once after  Astrazeneca deal announcement in September and the other in the CR. An average spend of $50,000 for most of them in this period shows to me exactly where Starpharma is heading. They all have confidence in the company

FIL have topped up their holding in company not only not to be diluted by to increase stake by more than 1%

M&G would have topped up their holding not to be diluted. If this was not the case we would have had a substantial change notice from them by now

It now just a waiting game - and we are almost there

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 9.8¢ 9.2¢ $164.2K 1.726M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 241449 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 74940 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.