OEL 0.00% 1.2¢ otto energy limited

I dont know, but you've encouraged me to do some more research....

1. 65 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    I dont know, but you've encouraged me to do some more research. I've got a bit of background with artificial lift but not very broad experience. I think it would be a fair question to ask the company if artificial lift is built into their current reserve estimate.

Waterflood is generally required where you don't have a good natural drive mechanism such as an active aquifer supplying pressure support and sweeping oil from the reservoir naturally. There are other issues with vertical perm, fractures etc which can complicate the waterflood issue. One thing that's prohibitive would be the cost of drilling an injection well, so perhaps converting a producer to injection somewhere down the track could be an option.

Otto occasionally describe Galoc as a solution gas drive reservoir, basically as the pressure in the reservoir depletes, some of our liquids(oil) change phase to gas, causing expansion and helping to maintain pressure in the reservoir. This pressure helps to keep pushing oil out of the reservoir over its lifetime. This is one of the weaker drive mechanisms and typically not as good as aquifer drive for ultimate recovery, but its less risk of early water production so there's some comfort in that. Its working pretty well for us so far but water injection could conceivably improve ultimate recovery, Galoc doesn't seem too complex so it might mostly come down to economics.

I wouldn't rule out things like gas lift or ESPs but would need to look into the gas-oil ratio, the crude might be gassy enough on its own and trying to squeeze too much gas up the wellbore can create more pressure drop than it saves!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $21.77K 1.814M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 15524781 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 1970038 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.47am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.