ADN 6.25% 1.7¢ andromeda metals limited

General comments/chat, page-13499

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2040
    I am neither astute nor seasoned as an investor, and not qualified to give financial advice!

However, a few comments as to my position and strategy, for what they may be worth:

1. I am a member of an industry superannuation fund. In coming years I may look to establish a self-managed fund (jointly with my wife), however, for the now the former suits my circumstances.

2. The fund has a direct investment option limited to ASX300, exchange traded funds, listed investment companies, etc. In my view, this provides a much greater degree of flexibility and self-determination than the “default” options within the fund.

3. Hence for now my super investment strategy via direct investment entails:

a. Relatively consistent and stable dividend paying options. For instance I hold the listed investment company Australian Foundation (AFI) which offers consistent yield, year after year. There are a number of others available. I also picked up some Vanguard Australian Shares (VAS) ETF during the March 2020 crash for a more “reasonable” price and noting its ongoing payment of dividends. These holdings give my member entitlements a degree of “self propulsion” that seems to work relatively well irrespective of market turbulence.

I recall that Wombat mentioned a similar strategy in an earlier post within the forum. He can probably articulate it far better than I can.

b. Some mature and junior gold stocks for hedging - EVN and GOR (noted in my signature below - I don’t bother including LICs or ETFs in my signature). EVN was selected as it also pays dividends and as such kills 2 birds with 1 stone, and GOR has recently announced a dividend policy so fingers crossed this will evolve in due course together with capital growth.

c. Also hold some MSB as a speculative stock and with a view to holding long-term to see if its endeavours ultimately come to fruition (with a greater degree of comfort in doing so by holding via super rather than with presently accessible and available capital, just my personal view).

4. Further to commentary by others in this forum and in the interests of staying on topic here, I will also certainly be looking to add some ADN shares to my super portfolio if (okay at this rate, when) it is included in the ASX300! What a momentous event that will be.

The above is not intended as cross-promotion nor as investment advice. Very best to you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.