ADN 11.1% 1.6¢ andromeda metals limited

Appreciate a very concise, well thought out and articulated...

1. 213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Appreciate a very concise, well thought out and articulated response, such posts are the reason I use this forum.

I definitely agree with you on all your points. I think you hit the nail on the head in terms on not relying on any government body to intercede. It comes down to being able to self inform and weigh up both points of analysis. As such it’s a strong reason to not follow any self identified stock guru on social media, they are a dime a dozen and have little reason to provide their time, effort and research to others, outside of self interest factors, such as priming susceptible retail investors for their own future positions.

Furthermore I see nothing wrong with shorting, as a mechanism of the market. Multiple research papers have stated it is important in a healthy marketplace and may help to reduce the potential of speculative bubbles. What I can’t reconcile is the the unethical and morally questionable means in which institutions and traders utilise to maximise shorting value. Such as misinformation, false reporting, and collusion.

I do agree it is naive to think retail or social media shorters hold as much sway as some people would like them too. However they do have the propensity to affect short terms pricing none the less.

I am undecided right now on if giving companies the ability to halt trading in the event of actual or perceived targeted shorting is a step forward to a healthier market place. I can see it being equally used to prevent natural re traces in the event of sub par news.
    However I think also trying to target people on social media from a regulatory stand point is a slippery slope, and nigh impossible to effectively manage as the line between ignorance and intent in regards to the spread of false and or misinformation is a very hard one to identify from a legal perspective.

It is definitely an issue that needs to be further explored.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
-0.002(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $49.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.5¢ $797.4K 49.05M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 2397883 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2031381 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.