ADN 0.00% 1.6¢ andromeda metals limited

General comments/chat, page-23687

1. 290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    The sp is now down to the levels in early November 20 which was pre BOA's, pre mining application, pre concrete announcement, pre entry to ASX 500, and pre all of the other recent positive developments. We are now also 8 months closer to breaking ground. We have a positive announcement earlier in the week (albeit with a few months delay in DFS) and the sp goes down 22% (and over 30% from the recent BOA). I have read a number of posts discussing year end tax planning, traders exiting with hopes of DFS by 30 June dashed etc. etc. but I think one of the issues is that other than a couple of funds (that are happy to lend out to shorters), the majority of the shareholder base is individual investors that are either LTH that have already been in ADN for a long time and have a very low entry point or smaller holders that have invested more recently and are possibly sitting on a paper loss atm. The problem is that I would expect that most LTH would have their positions set and are not necessarily looking to invest further large amounts and the more recent investors (some of whom I am in regular discussion with) are pretty jaded by what has happened recently and investing more (even at the current sp) is the furtherest thing from their mind. Any new investors would also I suspect be pretty wary given both the volatility and unpredictability of the sp together with the rubbish that has spewed from the shorters and other manipulators on this and other platforms to push the price down. So when there is a dump of shares by the shorters or traders, who is on the other side to buy, particularly when they know that whatever price they buy in at could be pushed down another 5-10% by the end of the day? Many posters (particularly the shorters themselves, which should be a clue) say they don't think the shorting has had a significant impact on the sp and look to the volume of shares shorted compared with the trading volume as justification. I think this however misses the point that a number of potential new and existing investors have been scared off investing any more in ADN at the moment as a result of the price manipulation and the (at times) toxic discussion on this and other platforms. There is no way of knowing the extent of this but in my opinion it is significant. I am confident that as we get closer to production this will all sort itself out and the current craziness will become a fading memory.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.6¢ $15.63K 977.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 7884193 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 343167 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.56am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.