ADN 5.00% 1.9¢ andromeda metals limited

Interesting - many thanks for that.From page 14 of the report,...

1. 367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2040

Interesting - many thanks for that.

From page 14 of the report, it would appear that the public assessment report is item 10 on the summary list of "processes to be undertaken subsequent to the completion of the assessment" (i.e. ADN's application received 25 February 2021), which includes and is then followed by:

"10. The Minister will then move to publicly release the assessment report and details of the terms, conditions and requirements of grant or refusal.

11. The grant of the mining tenements would not give Andromeda GSK the right to commence authorised operations described in the Application. Should the mining tenement(s) be granted, Andromeda GSK would be required to prepare a comprehensive and detailed Program for Environment Protection and Rehabilitation (PEPR) for submission to DEM.

12. Authorised operations cannot commence until a PEPR is approved and a bond is registered in the Mining Register to cover the maximum rehabilitation liability.

13. Authorised operations cannot commence on exempt land until Andromeda GSK has obtained registered waivers of exemption in accordance with s.9AA of the Act. These waivers are registered in the Mining Register.

14. Andromeda GSK may be required to obtain approvals under other legislation including an EPA licence and permitting under the Landscape South Australia Act 2019."

So the question remains as to when ADN will provide its PEPR and, assuming for the moment it is approved and the bond registered wonder what the quantum of the bond might be?), and whether steps (13) and (14) are or will be relevant to the Great White project (and hence whether they will add to the time-frame).

In terms of the rehabilitation liability bond, the only further reference I could find in the assessment document is at page 32 as follows (my emphasis added):

"Progressive rehabilitation manages impacts on nearby stakeholders and reduces the rehabilitation liability at any point in time. Should tenements be granted, the PEPR must include a staged mining plan that includes progressive rehabilitation, which would result in the smallest disturbance areas possible whilst still enabling efficient and effective mining operations."

Section 62 of the Mining Act 1971 appears to provide that (http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/legis/sa/consol_act/ma197181/s62.html) [my emphasis added]:

"(1) The Minister may, by notice in writing served on an applicant for, or the holder of, a mineral tenement, require them to enter into a bond in such sum and subject to such terms and conditions as ensure, in the opinion of the Minister, that—
    (a) any civil or statutory liability likely to be incurred by that person in the course of carrying out authorised operations; and
    (b) the present and future obligations of that person in relation to the rehabilitation of land disturbed by authorised operations, will be satisfied."

So I guess the issue of the bond will be determined following consideration of the PEPR? As always the devil is in the detail with these administrative processes.

The above represents my personal commentary only and not intended to be relied on as advice in any form.

Best wishes to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $59.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 1.9¢ $1.719K 85.93K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 2222567 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 440726 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.