ADN 13.3% 1.7¢ andromeda metals limited

yes, am surprised to that your last post was taken down, not...

1. 678 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    yes, am surprised to that your last post was taken down, not that it matters as its got very little to do with ADN.

in saying that, I was interested in ADN getting into metakaolin a while back and still think there is a market for it, but when you do your research, the market is no way near as big as the potential for ADN's HRM.

For me it also became apparent that as we rolled through the latest DFS and more so with Bob joining that metakaolin doesn't make sense given the quality of the Kaolin and that ADN can make just as much coin if not more from selling into the high end ceramic market. This is due due to the low number of mines that are able to provide a product of ADNs quality globally, less competition.

With metakaolin it would involve ADN, or someone else, turning it into metakaolin as you need a kiln to heat up to temperature. So if you don't have a kiln you are basically selling it as a DSO for someone else to process. When dealing with the high end ceramic market, they want a product that is basically ready to go when it hits their factory, they don't want to process it i.e. this is why ADN is spending $100m so that they can wet process it to spec, hence the high cost of our Kaolin.

As you said, its important to do your research and I read many journals a while back into metakaolin, and the main take away I took was that there were quite a few different kaolin's being used in the tests i.e. the quality and therefore the number of mines globally that kaolin can be used to turn into metakaolin is a lot larger than those that can provide to the high end ceramic market, which equals more competition if you want to enter that space. If you are going to get into Metakaolin in Australia then its likely only a state by state market you will break into, not overseas.

The below link will help explain the issue with Australian Kaolin making it outside of Australia for metakaolin:

https://www.chemanalyst.com/industry-report/metakaolin-market-811

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.002(13.3%)
Mkt cap ! $52.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $51.60K 3.261M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 2784466 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2392758 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.