ADN 0.00% 1.9¢ andromeda metals limited

General comments/chat, page-571

1. 9,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17131
    Whilst as I posted previously ADN has a short term (DSO), medium term (processed kaolin product) and long term strategy (HPA/nanotechnology) what is driving the price at this stage IMO is HPA (the speculatative play here). Refer: Post #: 38977735 and Post #: 38983209

HPA is an additive to ceramic separators in the batteries, which lie between the anodes and cathodes in a lithium ion battery. Or another way to put it is your coating on the anode and cathode to ensure battery safety, and with the growing role of lithium batteries growth in HPA, and securing supply, is a key for battery makers IMO

Whilst the article attached below is a bit dramatic IMO, the premise is essentially that HPA is a key input to battery safety, and addressing costs is a key to ensuring batteries come at the lowest cost possible (i.e. in their input costs from say lithium to materials to graphite to HPA itself) thus ensuring EV take ensures by ensuring EVs become as cheap as your Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles etc etc
    https://unauthorised investment advice/resources/battery-makers-are-planning-to-use-a-lot-more-hpa-to-stop-cars-catching-fire/?amp

In terms of HPA, producing it from naturally occurring deposits, like what ADN has, is stated to be more cost effective (and responsive to supply needs) than producing HPA from the more traditional processes of deriving it from aluminium feedstock using hydrolysis or similar type chemical conversion processes that also have environmental issues attached to them - refer embedded posts above.

What I like about ADN is their game plan is to use the short term and medium term strategy to self fund I presume (to a large extent) the longer term strategy. Obviously still a risk reward play here as need the DFS to prove viability etc etc. Obviously getting offtake partners will be a game changer here. So whilst I see the focus on investors like me or you on the the short term and medium term strategy, the value here is likely to be the market realisation of shortfalls in HPA supply going forward and, assuming ADN's prospect is feasible to develop which I presume it is, and ADN's ability to contribute to help close that gap by its potential future supply.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $59.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $65.00K 3.515M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 1857633 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1391755 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.55am 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ 4146020
Last updated 11.35am 06/05/2024 ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.